Coronation of the Nation
Join us in celebrating the Coronation of their Majesties, King Charles III and Queen Camilla, as we commemorate this moment in history with family-friendly crafts on Saturday 6 May from 12pm to 5pm located in Grey’s Quarter.
The Coronation of the Nation Craftalong
Show off your creative skills in the royal arts and crafts fun by helping to create our giant collage for King Charles III and make your very own crown fit for a King or Queen to take home, all for a donation to local Age UK charities. Don’t forget to snap your selfie on our throne, tag @Eldonsq on social media and use the #eldonsquare hashtag.
Age UK North Tyneside and Northumberland will also visit our event to offer information on their volunteering opportunities and shoppers can enjoy a cuppa while speaking to the team.
The Big Help Out
To mark King Charles III Coronation, many charities are coming together to encourage the nation to support their local community. We believe that sharing time with others can have a positive impact on volunteers and clients alike.
We’re teaming up with Age UK Tyneside and Northumberland to raise awareness of their volunteering opportunities. There are many ways to get involved and make a difference with your local Age UK charity. Visit both charities at Eldon Square during the following times:
- North Tyneside: 12.00pm – 2.15pm
- Northumberland: 2.15pm – 4.30pm
Find out more about The Big Help Out here.
Age UK North Tyneside has been established for 50 years in the heart of the Borough, supporting people to help them make more of life. Age UK North Tyneside provides a vast range of services, including free Information and advice services for older people. The charity offers health and well-being through physical, social and digital activities. It provides specialist advice on subjects such as support for those living with dementia, older offenders, veterans, their spouses and carers. It aims to reduce social isolation and loneliness for older adults.
Age UK Northumberland is a local independent charity that provides services for older adults throughout Northumberland. In common with all Age UK schemes, their central service is free information, advice and advocacy. Other services include personal care, exercise, fall prevention classes, befriending, lunch clubs and day centres.
Volunteering roles at your local Age UK
- Friendship Volunteer Role – Your local Age UK is looking for friendly and social people with an hour or two to spare each week to make a regular weekly phone call or visit the home of one of their clients in order to provide a listening ear
- Social Group Volunteer- Do you love to meet new people and facilitate activities such as crafts or games? Your local Age UK is looking for Social Group Volunteers to help run social groups in your community
- Community Ambassador – Your local Age UK want people across the North East to know and access the services that they run to support individuals over 50. Age UK is looking for volunteers to learn about the services that they provide and share what they do with the local community
Excited to learn more? Visit the charity on Saturday 6 May and a team member will be happy to share information or learn more here.